The Bogey Golf Tour is an amateur golf tour for the average golfer that looks and feels just like the PGA
• Eligible to play in all of our international chapters (U.S. & Canada). Play in a minimum of 3 tournaments in one chapter to qualify for the BGT Invitational.
• Bogey Golf Tour Membership Card good for hundreds of dollars in special offers at participating sponsors and courses.
• GAM members receive discounts at 200+ Michigan golf courses including 2 for 1 green fees at select courses
• 10% off regular price at Dunham Sports (66 locations)
• Official GAM/ / USGA Handicap Index including online score posting
• Quick Series Pocket Book of Golf Rules
The only pre-requisite is "The Love of Golf" and friendly competition.
The tour is set up in 3 divisions to accommodate all levels of competitors.
PAR DIVISION 0 - 9.9 handicaps
BOGEY DIVISION 10.0 - 16.9 handicaps
DOUBLE BOGEY DIVISION 17.0 - 27.0 handicaps
If your handicap is more than 27.0 you will be reduced to a maximum of 27.0 in tournaments.
Members will be issued a GAM membership and must provide at least five 18 hole rounds to determine an accurate handicap for the start of the season.
0-19 golfers per division at a tournament, prize money will pay out top 3 low net (50% / 30% / 20%)
20+ golfers per division at a tournament, prize money will pay out top 5 low net (40% / 22.5% / 15% / 12.5% / 10%)
LOW GROSS - top golfer in each division will receive a prize
LONG DRIVE & CLOSEST TO THE PIN - each division will receive prizes
SKINS: Optional $5 Skins game in each division and/or $10 Super Skin for entire field
• All tournaments consist of shot gun starts and threesomes to help speed up play. RCGA (Golf Canada) and USGA rules of golf, plus any local course rules apply for all tournaments.
We realize this is tournament golf and we all want to play well however here are some guidelines to help keep pace of play.
• Ready golf always: whoever is ready…..hit (within reason and always be safe)
• Be ready when it is your turn
• Keep up with the group in front of you (don’t measure your group by the group behind)
• If your ball might be lost announce to your group and hit a provisional
• Par threes wave the group behind up whenever possible
• Putt out if you are not on anyone’s line
• If in doubt of a ruling - RCGA Rule 3-3: In stroke play, if a competitor is doubtful of his rights or the correct procedure during play of a hole he may, without penalty, complete the hole with two balls. The competitor must announce to his marker that he intends to play two balls.
After your round you simply sign your card and feel free to join other members for a bite to eat or drink. Long Drive and Closest to the Pin prizes will be awarded immediately after the tournament
All stats and winners are posted on the website within a day after the tournament, and also published in a variety of local newspapers.
Closest to the pin and long drive winners can receive their prize the day of if they wish to stay and wait for the last group to come in, or they can be picked up at the next event, or at Bogey Golf Tour head office. Any prize not picked up by the end of the season will be forfeited.
Make sure to follow us on Facebook to keep up to date with events and social activities
If you have any further questions or suggestions feel free to contact:
email@example.com or phone 1-800-683-0285
We look forward to having you on tour as a Bogey Golf Tour member.